Sunday, March 14, 2010

Out in the Fields

a lovely poem given in relief society today that i must share...

The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday,
Among the fields above the sea,
Among the winds at play;
Among the lowing of the herds,
The rustling of the trees;
Among he singing of the birds,
The humming of the bees.

The foolish fears of what might pass,
I cast them all away
Among the clover-scented grass,
Among the new-mown hay;
Among the husking of the corn,
Where drowsy poppies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born--
Out in the fields with God.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

3 comments:

  1. look at you. i really like this as well. browning is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I don't even think you know how much I love Elizabeth Barrett Browning! She is, like Britt said, a genius! And my favorite love poet.

    ReplyDelete